Since this post is linked up to my skill share class, I am skipping my usual rambling rants and going straight into the recipe. However if this is your first time here and would like to get to know me a little bit better (because I like to be wine’d and dine’d first) check out my other posts (such as these Poached Pears drizzled in Choco or this totally healthy Jicama Rawvioli Salad)
Click here to see a trailer of my skillshare class, and if you like what you see, please enroll!!! Plus, skillshare has SO many great classes to offer. Interested in food blogging? food photography? food styling? Things other than food? This is where you can get all of that first hand knowledge from people like both you & me. Open your horizon to the endless possibility of new beginnings, skills, jobs & hobbies.
For this recipe I use my single crust recipe that you can find here. Place in a 425 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
You may use any shape you like for these hand pies. I just used some tupperware to create a round disk shape, and then folded the dough over to create a half moon hand pie. Any shape will work, hearts, squares, triangles, rectangles…… stars…………… get creative!!
You can also get creative with the actual crust. Braid it, crimp it, pinch it, flute it, whatever you feel confident with doing. Do it. It will all taste the same.
- Single Crust Pie Dough Recipe
- 2 apples, cored peeled & diced (macintosh)
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Add apple, sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg to a food processor. Process until almost a raw “chunky” apple sauce forms., about 10 pulses
- Roll out dough recipe and choose cutter/shape you desire. I like to do these a little smaller since they are more of a treat. Add about 2 tbsp to each circle.
- Add egg wash around rim.
- Fold over and pinch edges. Add egg wash on top and place in oven for about 15-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove & serve warm.