I’m going to make this a quick post, just like the recipe. Super easy, no bush. It’s been a long day. I’m tired. I want everything sweet as well as an IV drip filled with moonshine.
Recently I’ve been trying reallllllllyyy hard to use up all of the produce & dairy that legit has been sitting, definitely molding, in my fridge. Also I have had brain farts on fleek this week every time I enter the grocery store so I’ve been forced to use the regret purchases I already previously made that are about to expire.
Like the head of broccoli that is definitely starting to smell a little funkay. So I decided to give this legal green tree a fighting chance and of course when one has literally five blocks of cheddar cheese and two large containers of grated parmesan, the most obvious combination comes to mine. Broccoli + cheddar. However I decided to put a little bit of a texture spin on it and process the broccoli, add a combination of cheeses & some heart healthy spinach. Thus making Easy Cheesy Broccoli Rice.
It pulls together in under 20 minutes.
No notes needed ;p
- 1 large head of broccoli, sliced into large florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- ⅓ - ½ cup cheddar cheese, sliced into thin pieces
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to a broil. First take your broccoli pieces and add to a food processor. Process until rice like pieces form (about 6-10 pulses, folding every 2-3 pulses as you don't want to make broccoli mush at the bottom)
- Next in an oven proof medium sized pan add your broccoli rice and olive oil. Stir, cover and let broccoli steam for about 7 minutes over medium heat. Stirring every couple of minutes. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Next add your spinach and cheddar cheese and fold until spinach begins to wilt and cheese starts to melt, about 2 minutes.
- Next sprinkle parmesan on top and place in oven and broil for about 3-5 minutes, or until parmesan cheese is melted.
- Serve warm by itself, as a dip, or over toast. Salt & Pepper again as needed.