Great, my first official sunburn and EVEN THAT GIVES ME ACNE.
what da ell is wrong wif me.
isn’t vitamin D supposed to be a good thing!? take me back to winter and my blinding grandpa legs. someone. anyone. please.
just kidding. i’m currently rockin’ a thick pair of gramps walkers due to the fact that shorts are still absolutely not an option.
but surriously. maybe i should just cut out the processed sugars. maybe that is the issue. or maybe i’m gluten free. maybe bread is to blame for my crater face. maybe i should cut carbs. so i’m going to do just that. minus the cutting carb bit.
one day a week.
and by day, i mean meal.
and by meal, i mean snack.
I think that is semi manageable. and the recipe for these crack bars are the perfect cure.
Vegan Coconut Chocolate Ice Cream Breakfast Bars… and every bite we drew was *hallelujah*
Not too many of these bullet points, because this is easy.
But I WILL say… (duh), you really need to squish down the nut mixture as this will be the bar to hold the bite together. If you do NOT it will look similar to my photos. And then you’ll need to put the bars into a bowl, which isn’t a terrible idea (less mess) but that defeats the whole hold in your hand – grab and go- bit.
Also – as a rule of thumb with most non-dairy ice creams- give the yummy imposter a couple minutes to soften before consumption. This will help the texture tremendously and you won’t be totally wishing you were eating Ben & Jerrys instead (kidding, we all wish this….. or maybe just me…. minus the whole guilt thing. THIS bad boy is GUILTLESS)
now go fool your children with this and tell them its terrible for them. thats how I got my son hooked.
kidding. he eats nothing.
- 1.5 cups cashews
- 1.5 cup peanuts
- 7 dates pitted and soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (or melted coconut oil would work as well)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 13oz coconut milk (shake can)
- 2 tbsp coco powder
- ¼ cup pure agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- First line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor combine your peanuts, cashews, soaked and pitted dates (no need to pat dry), oil and cinnamon. Process until fine crumbs are formed.
- Pour out the nut crust into the bread pan and press down firm until crumbs almost adhere to one another. Sprinkle the unsweetened shredded coconut on top.
- Place in freezer for about ten minutes and begin your ice cream.
- Wipe food processor clean and then add your coconut milk, coco powder, agave nectar, vanilla extract and salt.
- Process until fully blended together (less than 30 seconds).
- Remove bread pan from freezer and pour your coconut ice cream over top.
- Place bread pan back into freezer and let harden, about 4-6 hours.
- When ready to eat, remove from freezer and slice into bars. Wait a couple of minutes before eating into to achieve the best ice cream texture.
my son eats pb&j’s and ham. and bread. not together. separately.