Ugh sometimes I am just the WORST. And recently the worst being my time management. But me and the baby child have been super under the weather. In which case, time literally moves at a snails pace. Actually my pace is more comparable to a slug being drowned in salt. I know, horrifying image, but thats pretty much how I work when ill.
The good news? I have an excuse for staying home… by myself… on a Friday… and Saturday…. and oh wait, every night. And with “Killyourselfentines” day coming up you can 100 percent guarantee homegirl will be rocking that dreaded day sick and solo as well.
Actually, I would prefer to be without a date on that day regardless if I was in a relationship or not. I’m awkward enough on a normal day holding someones hand. SO having a day where there is actual PRESSURE to display some PDA, I would literally shrivel up into a raisin. No thanks, me and my clammy man hands will keep to themselves. Actually, we prefer to be holding a fork and knife, stabbing into something deerishous. Such as…. this breakfast salad.
Breakfast Salad w/ Avocado & Cilantro Green Goddess Dressing. Perfect for your solo self or great for entertaining some loved ones on Gagentines Day. Galantines. Valentines. (You pick. I’m going with the first).
So the breakfast salad is seriously whatever you have in the fridge that could work. Really ANYTHING. Seriously. Anything. It could be leftover pizza. But. That makes this not a breakfast salad. SO maybe stay away from the ‘za….
BUT with that being said I highly recommend the sweet potatoes! And hardboiled eggs…. and the arugula… oh wait and the turkey bacon. But actually I would prefer regular bacon here… because.. it’s just fattier and more wonderful. But turkey bacon definitely is a little lighter on the waistline.
The addition of water helps give this dressing its texture. It doesn’t necessarily “dull” down the flavor because you need the water here. Or else the recipe is basically just straight up strange creamy guac. Salt and Pepper to taste. Taste buds are crucial. So if you don’t trust your own ask someone to help you out. And if you are making this just for yourself then it don’t no matta what anyone else thinks 😉
- 4 cups arugula
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- ½ lb turkey bacon, cooked
- 1 medium tomato (heirloom works), halved and then quartered
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, chopped into ½" pieces
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ avocado
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ½ lemon juice (1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ cup water + more
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add your sweet potato seasoning and whisk together. Add your chopped sweet potato pieces to mix and toss.
- Pour sweet potato pieces onto lined baking sheet and place in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until soft and crisp on outside. Set aside.
- Divide salad ingredients four ways into four separate bowls and drizzle with Green Goddess Dressing (see recipe below).
- In a food processor add your avocado, cilantro, olive oil greek yogurt, lemon juice and honey. Pulse until smooth. Slowly add water 1 tbsp at a time until you reach desired consistency, pulsing in-between each addition.
- Next salt & pepper to taste and pour over salad