Has a movie ever enraptured you so much that you feel like you’ve actually been there? Or you can physically picture yourself as a character in the film? I have a movie that does that to me almost every time and I swear it leaves me on cloud nine for a couple of hours post movie and then into a complete depression when I come back down to reality.
Not saying my reality is in any way a depressing nightmare, however I would love to take every single person that I love in my present moment and take them away with me to my momentary unrealistic fantasy.
Disclaimer: IN that fantasy I also would never gain weight and could eat baguettes with slabs of creamy herbed butter on ends and gallons of wine and feel like a million bucks the next day. ;p
Current movie of nostalgia: Midnight In Paris – Woody Allen. It gets me EVERY. DAMN. TIME.
“Life is what happens while you’re busy making other plans”
And then there is the infamous words of John Lennon that put me into check. And in this present moment I am going to share with you an incredibly easy and tasteful recipe for tandoori chicken over a bed of tuscan kale with fresh apple slices that creates a drool-worthy salad.
Each bite is filled with individual layers of flavor that explode in your mouth. It almost revives a rusty palette. Perfect welcoming exploration into the new season.
This dish is also great and can be made in under an hour with very little “hands on” time, which makes a busy life a lot less complicated.
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 bunch tuscan kale, torn into smaller pieces
- 1 apple, cut in half and then thinly sliced
- ¾ cup greek yogurt
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp garam marsala
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- Juice of one lemon
- Optional Dressing:
- 3 tbsp Reserved Chicken Juice/fat
- ¼ Cup greek yogurt
- ½ lemon juice squeezed (about 2 tbsp)
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- First in a small bowl mix together your garlic, ginger, marsala, salt, chili powder & cumin.
- Next in a medium sized bowl add your chicken thighs. Add ½ of your mixed spices to the chicken thighs and rub thighs all over until both sides of thigh are coated evenly. Let sit at room temperature for about 25 minutes. Preheat oven to 325.
- Add your greek yogurt to remaining half of spices that are left over as well as the juice of one lemon.
- Once chicken is done sitting mix in your yogurt spice mixture being sure to coat both sides of thighs. Add to an oven proof pan or baking dish and place in oven on middle rack for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place oven rack on the second highest setting. Set oven to broil and place pan/dish with chicken back in oven to broil for about 10 minutes or until tops of chicken become charred. Remove from oven and place tin foil over and let chicken sit for about 5 minutes.Slice chicken width wise into small pieces, set aside.
- Next in a small bowl, if making the salad dressing, mix all dressing ingredients together and then toss kale for salad in it.
- Add kale to individual plates (will make about 6), add sliced fresh apple slices & sliced chicken thigh (about one thigh per plate, might leave you with some leftover!)