Monday, bloody Monday.
I actually really have no business for pooping on this day of the week, being that I technically have no job or office to walk into come Monday morning, yet I still manage to experience serious FOMO every time I hop on to social media and read about how someone would rather be sat on by a half ton man than wake up and go into an office.
Makes sense, right?
company loves misery apparently.
BUT I also love to brighten up a miserable day……. which is where this healthy blueberry banana “ice cream” cone comes in to play…..
Everyone loves ice cream. amiright? And if you’re going to be super annoying and argue with me that ice cream isn’t awesome AF than perhaps this post isn’t for you…… so stop reading.
BUT want to know what is better than ice-cream? Kind of? Okay well not like Ben & Jerrys better, but seriously really good? “Ice cream” that is ACTUALLY healthy AND tastes good AND (double and) has the same exact texture as the nirvana churned cream.
Four ingredients + a waffle cone? For breakfast? Yes, I think I’ll take ten, thank you very much. Frozen bananas, frozen blueberries, some nut butter (I used jiffy peanut butter, i know I’m terrible, but I really have an addiction to that artificial peanutty sugary crap) and a milk of your choice (I used whole milk, because I wanted to accentuate my saddle bags this morning). Blend it all together until its good and creamy, plop it in a sweet waffle cone (I used Keeblers, only 50 calories a cone) and you’ve got what mornings are supposed to be made of, rainbows, unicorns & a little bit of sunshine.
None today, simple.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries + 8-10 for topping off
- 2 frozen bannas, sliced (about 8 slices per banana will work)
- ½ - ¾ cup milk (almond, coconut, dairy doesn't matter)
- 1 tbsp nut butter (peanut, almond, whatever you want)
- 2 Waffle cones
- In a blender (or food processor) add blueberries, bananas, ½ cup milk & peanut butter. Blend/pulse until smooth. If more milk is needed for a smoother consistency add 1 tbsp at a time.
- Scoop out into waffle cone, top with some blueberries and serve immediately.