First things first, i’m keeping my half promise. sort of like telling a half truth. which we all sort of know is a lie…… but then maybe this is a partial promise kept. i told you i would be posting 1-2 times a week. this is 1 of 2, and i can guarantee you there will not be more than that this week. at least now i am being fully honest 😉
but i’ve got a bachelorette down in Austin to tend to, and when i get super excited i tend to lose count of what i am eating & drinking, and suddenly everything tastes like chocolate and water and rainbows and butterflies and then the evening is over, wake up, repeat until the last day on my return flight home where there will be a 100 percent chance of me wanting to eject myself from the emergency exit door as i HATE flying (like seriously hate) and I’ll bring my laptop to make me feel like i could be a responsible adult, and write a second post, but instead i’ll just stare at it, unopened, while i’m profusely sweating and breathing deeply into a brown paper bag until i pass out.
anyone else scared poopless of flying? and if SO what do you do to mentally prepare yourself!? i fly Southwest so i try and sit next to either a child (because they are so innocent and so happy, i tend to feed off of others emotions… i also just realized that that statement sounds SO creepy, forgive.) or i like to sit next to a kind (okay, this is judging a book by its cover here) old person who is sitting by themselves who look like they might talk me through any turbulence, or maybe just give me some good life advice. i love advice. i always need it. and always welcome it about 25 percent of the time. the other 75 percent of the time i’m busy thinking of ways i can get out of the conversation. but whatever works.
Sidenote: like kind of a deep sidetone: if you have a fear of flying, why? (actually please DM me your answers unless you are okay with being open! I am seriously wanting to hear your response) I’ll open up to you. It’s not that I am afraid of the plane crashing…. but it’s more of what I will leave behind that scares me the most. I am of christian faith, so personally I pray that the good Lord has room for a woman with extreme sarcasm, but I am more afraid of what will happen to everyone that I leave behind. Like, my son. My life is messy, complicated. I don’t want to leave a mess. I want to leave peace, happiness, celebration of a life that has lived to it’s fullest, instead of sorrow for those who may grieve….. or hell, maybe they will all just throw a bang out party. I approve.
((insert awkward silence here))
Anywho, after a long weekend of girlfriend fun and basically taking 10 years off of my life due to my flight anxiety, one of my MOST favorite things to have waiting for me when i get home is ramen broth (i keep my freezer stocked of all different soup liquids) and some fresh ingredients in the fridge.
Make the broth ahead of time and freeze it until needed! I love to do a double batch on the broth for this very reason.
USE UP ALL OF THE VEGGIES IN YOUR FRIDGE. Seriously. Anything goes! DO NOT WASTE. It is unnecessary when you have such simple recipes like soup! OR meatloaf. Anything goes here.
A tip on soft boiled eggs: I like to boil my eggs for about 5 minutes, and then instantly remove / place eggs into an ice bath and then peel. This gives the white to firm up enough without breaking the yolk. But you still need to be super gentle. Don’t go all out and hulk the crap out of the egg shell.
Use less, or more soy sauce. Less if you’re using regular. I am more of a salty kind of gal, so I usually use 1 tbsp more than what is asked below. I also use more salt, but I don’t want your lips to pucker up just yet so do it to what you feel tastes the best. Remember: you can ALWAYS add more, you just can’t take away.
thanks for opening up julia about your fear of flying. i am in the same boat but always remind myself that it is only “x” hours out of my entire day, and that i will get through it. that usually helps me. i also have a drink. so maybe it’s the drink that helps me instead…. lol. also this ramen recipe looks so good!
Add a comment